Ask the Building Maintenance Experts
Solutions for Your Toughest Problems

ICAN  Q & A  Home

Wednesday, November 25, 2015


I have recently changed my service from sole proprietor to an LLC that has 3 employees. How do I charge now that I am a LLC?


Changing from a sole proprietorship or DBA to an LLC wouldn’t change how you charge for your services unless your overhead costs increased or decreased a significant amount due to the change, and this would be unlikely.
However, the change may affect how you prepare and file your personal and business tax returns. Check with an accountant, tax advisor, insurance agent and the involved governmental agencies (IRS, SSA) to see how the change will affect your reporting.

Bill Griffin, President